CROSQ and GRDB Sign MOU under CARTFUND Project
Efforts to strengthen the quality management infrastructure and continue the development and implementation of the accreditation programme of the Guyana Rice Development Board (GRDB) Laboratory, took a step further with the singing of the Memorandum of Understanding between CARICOM Regional Organisation for Standards & Quality and GRDB. The Memorandum of Understanding establishes the framework for providing technical support and financial resources to strengthen the GRDB Laboratory in addition to the accredited testing of rice for Moisture Analysis and Physical Test by Grain Characteristics.
The Accreditation Programme is financed through the Caribbean Development Bank CARTFUND project: Strengthening the Capabilities of Testing Laboratories in the Caribbean to Reduce Technical Barriers to Trade. The project is being implemented by the CARICOM Regional Organisation for Standards & Quality.
Inset Mr. Russell Franklyn, Officer-in-Charge – CROSQ and Mr. Jagnarine Singh, General Manager – GRDB shake hands after signing of the MOU.
Latest from CROSQ Secretariat
- CROSQ Makes Quality Links Across Africa and the Pacific
- Grenada Kicks Off National Quality Policy Development
- CROSQ Releases New Energy Efficiency Standards Developed in Collaboration with the International Code Council and ASHRAE
- Building Trade Capacity in the Caribbean
- CROSQ & CDB Highlight Cooperation As Regional Project Launched