Grenada Hosts Workshop in Celebration of World Accreditation Day
The Grenada Bureau of Standards (GDBS) in collaboration with the CARICOM Regional Organisation for Standards and Quality (CROSQ) through support from the Technical Barriers to Trade component of the 10th European Development Fund staged a three-day workshop from June 03-05, 2014 in celebration of World Accreditation Day. The workshop, focusing on Creating Confidence through the implementation of International Accreditation and Conformity Assessment Standards, targeted personnel from medical, testing and calibration laboratories as well as inspection and certification bodies.
The main objective of the workshop was to build and upgrade Accreditation and Conformity Assessment capacity in these organisations and in so doing lay the foundation for a regional approach to mutual acceptance of test results and certification of products and services traded regionally and internationally. The workshop was facilitated by Ms. Karlene Lewis of the Trinidad and Tobago Laboratory Accreditation Service (TTLABS). World Accreditation Day is celebrated globally on June 09.
Latest from CROSQ Secretariat
- CROSQ Makes Quality Links Across Africa and the Pacific
- Grenada Kicks Off National Quality Policy Development
- CROSQ Releases New Energy Efficiency Standards Developed in Collaboration with the International Code Council and ASHRAE
- Building Trade Capacity in the Caribbean
- CROSQ & CDB Highlight Cooperation As Regional Project Launched